Saturday 2 March 2013

Brioche, attempt one.

Today I got brave. Today, I decided to make brioche. By hand. With no mixer. My mixer, alas, is in another province for the time being and I have been left bereft. At first I was scared, but then I thought to myself: pull yourself together woman. You think you're the first person to make brioche without a kitchenaid? I'm no historian, but since brioche is hundreds of years old I'm fairly certain that it was made without a mixer for years. But what do I know. I only have an arts degree.


The original recipe came from Delicious Shots and can be found if you follow the link.

As this was my first attempt, I really had no idea what to expect. I'm fairly pleased with the overall result. I know I sliced it a little too soon in my zealousness to take photos of it, but other than that I have no complaints.  Tomorrow I shall make stuffed french toast with it. More details on that to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment