1 Bar of cooking chocolate, such as 60 or 70% bittersweet, 100 g
1/2 cup, plus one tablespoon of tahini
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 heaping tsp baking powder
1 cup powdered sugar
2/3 cup combination of rum and orange juice
1. Oven at 350 F.
2. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Or, like I do, just carefully in a regular pot. Careful being the operative word. Once the chocolate is melted add the powdered sugar.
3. Mix the tahini, rum and orange juice together. I used Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum which complemented the dark chocolate and tahini really well. Then add this to the chocolate mixture.
4. Mix the dry ingredients together and add to the wet ingredients.
5. Line an 8" baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the brownie batter evenly in the pan.
6. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until crispy outside and gooey inside.
When eating these, keep in mind that they are vegan. Also, in spite of this, the texture is amazing.
For fun you can add chopped walnuts or chocolate chips to the batter at the last step. I chose walnuts. Enjoy.