Saturday 11 June 2011

Pavlova


Pavlova is one of my favorite desserts. I first tried it while living in New Zealand and I was hooked immediately. The crispy meringue outside, the softness inside, the cream and all of that fresh fruit? Gird my loins and look out! Ask any New Zealander and they'll tell you that they invented this and that all Aussies are bastards and liars. Ask any Aussie and they'll tell you the same thing but in reverse. Regardless of who first made it, it is delicious!



The best recipe I have found, to date, was actually from that "about" website. You know the one I mean. Here it is.

The best part is that the topping is completely up to you so you can choose your favorite fruits and this is perfect for summer, so go wild!

2 comments:

  1. I think we should be sure to superfreeze your genetics so that we can clone you when we get over all the ethical problems of cloning. And then at least future generations will not be deprived of your awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, thanks Alex. Tell that to the jerks at foodgawker who keep declining my submissions!

    ReplyDelete