Thursday 26 July 2012

Beet Gnocchi

Gee it's been so long since I've been on here. That doesn't matter now, cus I'm back baby. And I promise I'll never leave you again. Mama's back. With beet gnocchi. There, there, now doesn't that fix everything.





Beet Gnocchi (from Naturally Ella):

4-5 small red beets (or 2-3 large ones)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 egg
1 1/4 cup-1 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup Parmesan
1/4 teaspoon salt

1. Pre-heat oven to 425F. While that heats up, scrub your beets.
2. Place on foil-lined pan and toss with olive oil. Roast until tender, approximately one hour.
3. Once the beets have roasted allow them to cool and then toss them in the food processor. Puree until smooth.
4. Stir in the egg, 1 cup of flour (or like me don't actually read the instructions and toss it all in), Parmesan and salt. Add flour until the mixture turns in to a soft dough.
5. working on a floured surface, divide the dough into three balls. Roll out each ball in to a rope. Cut gnocchi in to one inch pieces. Indent with fork to make the pretty gnocchi shape that is used to catch delicious, delicious sauce.
6. Boil the gnocchi in batches (I did in three) until they float to the top. Smother in sauce of your choosing and then resist the urge to make bad beet puns.

1 comment:

  1. what a lovely kitchen! Wish I could try some. Glad to see you back!

    ReplyDelete